We had a little Pimento Cheese left, so I decided to experiment with cheesy pinwheels -- essentially a savory biscuit-based cinnamon-type roll. Since I used homemade baking mix, these were super easy and fast . . . and yet another thing to do with our favorite cheese spread. (For additional homemade mixes, check out our Mixes & More tab at the top of this page.)
I made the small batch for just the two of us but have also included the family size as well.
Pimento Cheese Pinwheel Biscuits
Biscuits for 2 or 3 - 6 biscuits
1 cup Baking Mix
1/4 cup milk
Pimento Cheese spread (I used about 3 to 4 Tbsp.+)
Family Size - 18 biscuits
3 cup Baking Mix
2/3 cup milk
Pimento Cheese spread
1. Preheat oven to 400°.
2. Add milk to the Mix and stir about 25 strokes.
3. Knead about 15 strokes on lightly floured board.
4. Roll into a rectangle shape, about 1/2” to 3/4” thick; spread with a thin layer of pimento cheese spread.
5. Roll up dough; pinch to seal edges.
6. Cut into thick slices and place in a greased or sprayed pan.
7. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown on top.
|Cheesy Pinwheel Biscuits were a great with our first course salad.|