One Adventure Ends -- The Duncan Hines' Table

     Literary League is over but I did take a few pictures. Of course I meant to take more but with all of the last minute things to do, I simply forgot!
    I had a great time planning the program -- both the book discussion and the table full of treats, all from an updated edition of Duncan Hines' Adventures in Good Eating and The Art of Carving in the Home.
    Cora Jane Spiller, Hines' great niece, was a great help! We corresponded by phone, email and even Facebook. She sent a collection of vintage books and DVD interviews for me to use during the program. During the last couple of weeks I've been so immersed in Duncan Hines that I'll probably be going through withdrawal next week!
     Although this particular adventure has come to an end, I'm looking forward to lots more adventures in good cooking and eating. And, chances are there will be many more posts from Duncan Hines' cookbooks in the future.

There are no recipes on this blog post  -- it is merely a culmination of all the recipes I made to go along with my program. Simply click on each recipe name to find the actual list of ingredients and directions for its preparation.


My personal favorites: 
Betty Cass' Brown Sugar Cookies
Hot Toasted Cheese Hors d'Oeuvres

No comments:

Post a Comment