3-Ingredient Dip for Apples . . . PEANUT BUTTER DIP


 Here’s a simple, “non-recipe guide” for making PEANUT BUTTER DIP: Spoon some peanut butter into a dish or bowl (I prefer crunchy), add some mayonnaise enough to create a glossy appearance and to thin the peanut butter (I know it sounds weird but you’ll just have to trust us on this ingredient addition) + enough honey to create a sweet taste; stir and it’s ready to serve!

If that’s too vague, try this measure — for each 3 scoops of peanut butter, use one equal-sized scoop of mayo + 1 healthy squirt (about 1 tablespoon) of honey. Then, if you want it to be smoother and lighter, add more mayo. Not sweet enough, add a little more honey.

Serve with apple slices. NOTE -- To keep cut apples cut from browning, drop them in a plastic storage bag with lemon, orange or cranberry juice ( the acidity of the fruit juice will prevent browning).

Here's my very vague measuring method -- a scoop of this & that!

2 comments:

  1. Years ago, my mom made individual salads with a dressing similar to this. She simply put sliced bananas on a lettuce leaf and then put a dollop of peanut butter that had been mixed with miracle whip. It sounds strange, but was good! I haven't had it in years. I'll have to try it with the added honey....Annette Wilson

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your note reminds me of a salad my mom made: lettuce leaf (head lettuce of course), half of a split banana, dollop of mayo & a sprinkling of chopped peanuts! Loved it as a kid.

    ReplyDelete