4 cups fresh cranberries
2 cups granulated sugar
1/3 to 2/3 cup brandy (use the best you can afford as the alcohol content is heated away; only the flavor remains)
- Combine cranberries, sugar and brandy. Mix well.
- Place mixture in a 9" x 13" oblong glass baking dish.
- Cover with foil and baked for one hour in oven preheated to 300°.
- Let cool on counter, then refrigerate until cool.
- Serve as an accompaniment with poultry or ham. Can also be used as a dessert sauce over pound cake or ice cream.