The last of our fresh lemons from Arizona went into a roasted chicken dish that we served with basmati rice and steamed broccoli.
Roasted Lemon Chicken
4 to 6 large small skin-on, chicken thighs
Kosher salt and coarsley ground black pepper
About 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
3 sprigs rosemary
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Very thinly slice half of lemon; discard any seeds.
- Season chicken thighs with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle about 1 tablespoon oil in a skillet and heat.
- Add chicken, skin side down. Cook over medium heat, letting skin render; pour off excess fat to maintain a thin coating in pan, until chicken is cooked halfway through, about 10 minutes.
- Scatter half of lemon slices over chicken and half on bottom of skillet (the slices on top of the chicken will soften; those in the skillet will caramelize). Add rosemary to the skillet.
- Transfer skillet to oven, leaving chicken skin side down. Roast until chicken is cooked through, skin is crisp, and lemon slices on bottom of skillet are caramelized, 6-8 minutes.
- Squeeze remaining half of lemon over chicken, and drizzle with as much remaining oil as desired.