The idea is simple — use what you have on hand, so feel free to vary ingredients and create your own simple supper platter!
Simple Supper Salad Platter
Hard-cooked eggs, peeled and diced
Cooked chicken, diced or shredded
Cooked beans, drained & seasoned (our red beans came right out of the can; I seasoned them lightly with a chili, cumin & garlic blend)
Carrots, chopped, sliced or grated
Chunks of cheese
Fresh herbs, chopped — such as thyme and parsley
Chinese cabbage, shredded
- Arrange various items (chicken through cheese) on a platter as desired. Sprinkle chopped herbs on top.
- To serve: Add shredded cabbage to dinner plates and let each person add their choice of ingredients from the salad platter.
- Offer dressings such as Mom's Celery Seed Dressing or Asian Dressing, or dressing of your choice.
- Slices of toasted Almost No-Knead Walnut and Rosemary Bread add a grain component to the meal.
- For dessert: Berry-Delicious Fruit Salad.